Good afternoon, Social Rabbit here with your guide to the world of social media.
If you think social media is the answer to all your prayers think again. It is not guaranteed to turn your brand into the next Nike, to make you a millionaire overnight or suddenly have 100s of customers knocking at your door.
First of all work out if you are even ready to tackle the beast that is social media. tip: check out our checklist
If you are ready then what you need to make social media work for you is,
– Planning (or the BIG P as this bunny likes to call it), what will you do when?
– Goals – what you want to achieve from your social media activity
– Time or money (to pay someone else) to implement it properly
– Willingness to give it a go, it is not a one size fits all approach & so you need to use different methods depending on your audience
– Knowledge of how you will implement your strategy
Even if you have looked at all this, and covered it off it isn’t a case of “build it and they will come”, it’s more
Ask & answer
Know your customers
So get building….
Social media such as Facebook and Twitter has produced fantastic results at very low costs, BUT you need to think about what will appeal to YOUR customers, just because it worked for someone else does not mean it will work for you, as a new media there is a lot of trial and error that goes on. What is great that you can try something today if it doesn’t work tweak it tomorrow…
I’d love to hear about what you’ve done to engage your customers, tell me in the comments, or on our Facebook page.