Good Afternoon, Social Rabbit here with your guide to the world of social media.
Today we are going back to basics on what to post on your Facebook page… But first there are some basic do’s.
- Give news ideas a try, one dodgy post is not going to kill off all your readers
- Spell words correctly
- Post regularly (once a week, once a day or whatever works for you)
- If someone comments on your post then post a comment back
- Post more than just words – use photos, videos, podcasts, links
- Ask questions
- Encourage feedback
- Use symbols like 🙂 or ❤ (heart) (if relevant)
- Make it relevant
- Encourage visitors to check out other tabs on your page
Post examples for you to use:
- Check out the new x, if you like it click “like” (attach a picture)
- This is a great article for help on x (to find articles that you can use go to www.ezinearticles.com)
- Have you heard about the latest x, what do you think? (then link to an article)
- Who do you admire more Richard Branson or Donald Trump? (make this relevant to your audience)
- Would you rather be stuck in an elevator with George Clooney or Justin Bieber? (again make this relevant to your audience)
- If you need help on your Facebook page, this video gives you lots of tips (attach the video, you can search on www.youtube.com for videos to attach, you don’t need to make one)
- Welcome to all our new visitors, if you have any questions on x post them in the comments 🙂
- Did you know 27% of people check their social networking account if they wake up in the night… is this you? (use Google to find stats you can use)
- We would love to see photos of you with xxx please post them
- What would you like to see on our website? (link to your website)
- What new designs/products/services would you like us to bring out?
- We are running a competition on our website to win x click to enter (link to your website)
- How long can you moo? (we have used this on the Mocks Facebook page, and although it is very silly, it’s fun and our audience loves it)
- Has anyone here ever been bullied? We think that you are all beautiful on the inside and out! We say “No” to bullying with our ‘I delete Bullies’ Mocks (again from the Mocks page, incorporate what you are doing with your business with relevant topics in the media)
- Want to get glammed up for the Oscars tonight, why not try…. (relate it to your products/services)
- How about posting about Mother’s Day on your page this weekend (give your readers ideas)
- Did you know it’s only 252 shopping days until to Christmas… better rush out now! (help your readers out, by reminding them of events)
- The best post I’ve seen on a page is…….. (leave it blank like this to encourage people to fill it in)
Remember it isn’t about selling your products to your audience, it is about engaging them, giving them reasons to talk to you, finding out about them, having a conversation and building a relationship. When your audience trust you, like you and are interested you can start to promote your products and they will be open to it.
Until then readers let me know if you have any awesome posts that really work for you in the comments or on the Social Rabbit Facebook Page. Plus if you would like the Chief Rabbit to review your page and give you ideas check out the store tab on the Facebook Page to book in.