Good Afternoon, Social Rabbit here with your guide to the world of social media.
Today I want to start a new section of this blog, each week I will choose a different industry and give you a variety of examples of what businesses in that industry are doing on Facebook. My hope is that it will give you ideas for your business and inspire you to build your page.
1) Houlihan Lawrence in the USA, the page is not huge – they have 475 people who like it. They have a fantastic landing tab, which gives you information on the agency, information on house prices in different areas, plus you can use the search to check out different areas – this takes you straight to their website. They have added YouTube to the page, the videos are all house tours, which I think is a clever way to use what they are already producing in social media.
2) Miami Beach Real Estate in the USA, this page has 3111 people who like it. Once again they have a great landing tab that means you can started looking at property right away, plus there are two other tabs; one which gives you a market snapshot of the area, so you have an idea of how many listings there are a week and what you can get for your money – the clever thing about this is that it is transparent, giving people the information that they need right up front so they don’t have to search for it, therefore making their life easier. The second tab allows you to search more in depth into properties, again making the buyers life easier. The other thing to notice on this page is that there are very very few posts promoting properties, instead it is market information and local news. Obviously this works really well as there is a lot of comments from page visitors.
3) Altitude Real Estate in Western Australia have 7567 people who like it. These guys rather than push real estate have made a community hub offering discounts from other businesses, prizes to be won, and encouraging other businesses to post offers on the wall. This is a really good use of customer engagement via Facebook, they are not selling or pushing their services, but instead making themselves synonymous with the community, where you live is part of that.
4) Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate in USA have 1341 people who like the page. They are using the events tab really well, to promote their events, such as talks on the market, but also to promote events happening in the community. It would be better if they included a nice image for each one, but there were very few pages I looked at that in Real Estate who were actually using the events tab. It is a great way to promote what is coming up, and you can invite your readers along, including those NOT on Facebook. It also shows that you involved in the community, which people like to see.
5) Nexus Real Estate in Western Australia only have 209 people who like their page, but it still has a lot of information for readers. I particularly like this tab which they have put an RSS feed onto of the discounts that you get through being a Nexus customer. They are promoting other businesses, showing that they are involved in the community and giving people a reason to use them.
Today you have seen five ideas you can implement on your page, if you are in real estate or another industry a lot of it is transferable. Next week I will look at another industry, if you want to suggest one please tell me in the comments below or on the Social Rabbit Facebook Page.